Friday, January 16, 2015

From Newton to Einstein to God

I usually Iike to write a synopsis or a short abridged version of the book I am reviewing. However, I can honestly say, I have no idea what this book was about. The author, Leong Ying, spends a good part of the book using rhyming verse giving an autobiographical account of some sorts. Starting when he was young, all the way to present day I believe. And then catapults the reader into some either very intelligent, or in my case, extremely incomprehensible ramblings about the universe and physics and God. I am still uncertain how they all connect. The rhyme is somewhat stilted and made for a lot of awkward and forced sentences. The storyline itself, while it followed a sort of timeline, felt very disjointed. And i do have to mention, he is quite accomplished. I wish I could say I had done half of what he has, but I can't say I enjoyed reading this book. I did find it interesting. Learning about his life, and seeing a little into his mind. But it left me wondering what the overall point was, and quite honestly , like I wasn't intelligent enough to know what he was talking about. I'm not sure how I would recommend this book, as it's a very specific audience I believe that would want or need to read this. I am sure Ling has a lot of great things to say or impart, as suggested by the popular demand for his intelligence. But for me, I guess it wasn't quite up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment