Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Novel Interiors- Lisa Borgnes Giramonti

Shall I put the kettle on? -- Deco
rate like your favorite classic authors; Dickens, Austen and Gaskell. A cozy home free of feeling contrived. Remembrance of Things Past -- ind the refined interiors of Warton, Waugh and James . Living Au Naturel -- Sift through the handmade style of Hardy, Lawrence and Cather. See rustic at it's best. Oh, the Glamour of it All -- Learn how Fitzgerald, Maugham and Nichols use a sleek look with geometric patterns and reflective surfaces. Anything Goes -- Here find color, chaos and unconventional with authors like Dinesen, Mansfield and Durell. Sometimes a Fantasy -- Take your cue from Proust, Wilde and Firbank. Using a dramatic and theatric inspiration. And dancing on the pages of these inspired chapters, you will see the words and quotes of your favorite authors! I really wanted to like this book. As someone passionate about books, and almost equally as passionate about home interiors, this seemed like the perfect book. But I wAs a disappointed. I loved a the book quotes throughout. And I love the idea of decorating to create the feel of your favorite books settings. There were pages I really loved the decor on. But they were few. I personally just felt that there really was nothing that really stood out or set this book apart from any other home interior book I've seen. I thought a lot of the interiors looked shabby, not cozy. And I didn't really see the correlation between the authors suggested and the interiors made to match them. I wouldn't say I disliked this book. I always enjoy seeing another's idea for decor. It just really wasn't my style. I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment